We reserve the right to update this Privacy Statement from time to time by publishing the amended version on this page. This version was published on 26/04/18
The following Privacy Statement relates to Progress Bedford Ltd. (otherwise known as Progress Skoda & Progress Suzuki) and its Trading names listed below. It applies to how we use and store personal information we hold about individuals. It does not apply to information we hold about companies or other organisations. A separate privacy statement is available for our employees. We take the privacy of your personal information very seriously and will only use your personal information in accordance with this Privacy Statement and the current data protection law in the UK.
Trading Names of Progress Bedford Ltd. are as follows:
- Progress Skoda
- Progress Skoda Bedford
- Progress Skoda Letchworth
- Progress Skoda Harlow
- Progress Skoda Northampton
- Progress Suzuki
- Progress Suzuki Milton Keynes
- Progress Suzuki Letchworth
- Progress Suzuki Kettering
- Progress Skoda Kettering
Collecting Personal Information
We may collect information about you in the ways listed below:
- When you visit our website.
- When you contact us directly, either through our website, by email, by telephone, by visiting one of our dealerships or at an off-site promotion.
- When you purchase a product or service from one of our dealerships.
- From your vehicle’s manufacturer.
- From your vehicle’s insurer.
- Through other third parties to whom you have provided consent for them to pass your information to us.
- If you apply for a position of employment with us.
- We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal information. The types of information we collect from individuals will vary depending on the reasons for its collection and the individual’s relationship with us:
- Your contact details (including name, address, telephone numbers and email address).
- Date of birth.
- Driving licence information
- National insurance number
- Employment information
- Bank and/or payment details
- Confirmation of entitlement to benefits (for Motability applications only)
- Your digital footprint, including:
- Unique device identifier.
- IP address.
- A persistent identifier (e.g. a unique customer number in a Cookie)
- Geo-tracking data, including location-based services
- Application/Website Usage, Device/Operating System/Browser Information, and/or Customer Behaviour (Application Logs)
- Your vehicle’s identification numbers, registration dates & Make/Model, Mileage, Service Reminders, Warranty Repair Information
- The date and time you used our services
- Details of any transactions between you and us or any authorised repairer
- Where you engage with us in a business context we may collect job title, company contact details, fleet size and company details.
- Voice recordings of calls you make to our business
- Any information in correspondence you send to us
Using Personal Information
We will only use the personal information provided where we have a legal basis to do so, including:
- To provide or manage any information, products or services you have asked for
- To enable us provide access to the services offered on our website
- To send invoices, statements and payment reminders to you, collect payments from you, and to help us recover debts
- For general administration purposes
- To help us improve the quality of our products and services
- To help us detect and prevent fraud and money laundering
- Contact you about promotions and events
- To carry out statistical analysis
- To inform you about products and services we offer that may be of interest to you
- For legitimate interest such as vehicle support and services (For example warranty services or a recall)
Disclosing Personal Information
We may disclose your information, where we have a legal basis for doing so, as follows:
- To our staff, agents, suppliers or subcontractors where it is reasonable to do so. Where your consent is required to facilitate this sharing, we will ensure it is obtained prior to processing. This may include, but is not limited to:
- Any one of our Group of companies
- Our manufacturer partners
- Credit providers
- Third party product or service providers (which you have purchased through us)
- Our marketing agencies
- Our insurers
- Our auditors
- Software providers, including, but not limited to:
- Bluesky Interactive Ltd
- Ebay Ltd
- Google Inc
- Autotrader Ltd
- DMT Development Systems Group Inc
- REEF Business Systems Ltd
- Microsoft Corporation
- E Automotive Ltd
- Reynolds & Reynolds Ltd.
- Insurance engineers.
- Third party insurance claim handlers (where you have instructed us to do so).
- Our secure data destruction service provider.
- Where your data is passed to the following types of organisation, we will act as joint controllers of your data. In these circumstances we recommend you read the Privacy Statements of these organisations. Which organisations your data is passed to will depend on which of our dealerships you are dealing with:
Our manufacturer partners:
- ŠKODA UK Ltd
- Volkswagen Group United Kingdom Ltd
- Suzuki GB & Ireland PLC
- Volkswagen Financial Services (UK) Ltd
- FirstRand Bank Ltd (Motornovo Finance)
- Suzuki Financial Services Ltd (Lloyds Banking Group)
- Evolution Funding Ltd.
We may be legally obliged to disclose your personal information, to the extent that is legally required by law, in the following circumstances:
- In connection with any on-going on prospective legal proceedings.
- To establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk).
- Where any person asks for personal information, who we believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information, and where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be likely to order the disclosure of that personal information.
Except where outlined in this Privacy Statement, we will not provide your personal information to third parties.
How long do we keep our information for?
We will not hold your personal information in an identifiable format for any longer than is necessary. If you are a customer or otherwise have a relationship with us we will hold personal information about you for a longer period than if we have obtained your details in connection with a prospective relationship.
The length of retained data varies between departments but is outlined like so:
If we have a relationship with you (E.g. you are a customer or registered driver of a leased or other purchased vehicle from us or an authorised repairer or have used us for Aftersales requirements), we hold your personal information for 6 years from the date our relationship ends. We hold your personal information for this duration to establish, bring or defend legal claims. Our relationship may end for a number of reasons including where the vehicle warranty or lease expires, or we have been made aware that you no longer own or drive that vehicle.
Where we have obtained your personal information following a request for information, test drive, brochure, quotation, sales event, data capture event, or any other information on any of our products or services, we hold your personal information for 2 years from the date we collected the information, unless during that period we form a relationship with you e.g. you purchase, lease a vehicle or bring in a vehicle for an Aftersales reason. We hold your information for this duration to give us the opportunity to form a relationship with you.
Security of Personal Information
We will take all reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
- Digital storage of the personal information we hold will be done on secure servers, protected by passwords and firewalls.
- Data transferred electronically to and from us will be done so using secure methods, using encryption technologies where possible.
- Personal information we hold in physical form will be held securely, with access limited to only those who require it.
- We will only store your data for as long as it is reasonable to do so, after this time it will be securely destroyed.
- You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you via a Subject Access Request
- Subject Access Requests must be submitted in writing by post to: Data Protection, Progress Skoda, Bedford Road, Northampton, Northamptonshire, NN1 5NS or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Upon receipt of such a request we will, after confirming your identity, provide you with all relevant data in the most practical format, unless otherwise stipulated and reasonably possible, within the legally required timeframe
- We may withhold personal information that you request to the extent permitted by law
- It is your right that any inaccuracies in the data we hold are rectified. If you believe any of the personal information we hold on you is incorrect or out-of-date, please contact us using the details found below
- You may instruct us to destroy any or all your personal information that we hold, and we will do this as quickly as possible. We may be unable comply with this request in the following instances, where continuing to hold and process the data is required…
- To comply with a legal obligation
- For statistical research
- To exercise, or in the defence of, legal claims
- You may instruct us to cease processing of all your personal information, and we will do this as quickly as possible
- You may instruct us to cease processing of all your personal data specifically for marketing purposes, and we will do this as quickly as possible. You can also…
- Stop us sending you marketing communications by email by using the ‘unsubscribe’ button found on all our email marketing communications.
- Stop us sending you marketing communications via SMS by replying to an SMS you have received from us with the word ‘STOP’.
- Update which methods of communication you would like to us to use to contact you by using the details below
You can enact any of your rights outlined above by writing to: Data Protection, Progress Skoda, Bedford Road, Northampton, NN1 5NS or via email to email@example.com.
Progress Bedford Ltd operate a log of Data Flow and Data Maps that details all of the data we acquire and how that data is flowed through the business. We also retain logs and policies for the duration each piece of data is retained and for what purpose. Each department will hold personal data for numerous reasons of legitimate interest such as updates about your vehicle & service provided or information that may be useful or of relevance. If you would like access to these logs then please contact us by writing to: Data Protection, Progress Skoda, Bedford Road, Northampton, Northamptonshire, NN1 5NS or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Each of our limited companies are registered as data controllers with the Information Commissioner’s Office, as follows:
- PROGRESS BEDFORD LTD – Z9599757
Data Protection Issues
If you have any data protection concerns or issues, or have any questions about the way we use data, please contact us by writing to: Data Protection, Progress Skoda, Bedford Road, Northampton, Northamptonshire, NN1 5NS or via email to email@example.com
Using Our Website
Our website is powered by Bluesky Interactive Ltd ("BlueSky"), our third-party web services provider. Bluesky is committed to ensuring that data is processed in accordance with applicable data privacy laws and is kept secure.
When you visit our website
When someone visits our website, Bluesky collects standard internet log information (your IP address, browser, and type of device) and details of visitor behaviour patterns (where you joined our site from, the path you take through our site and where you leave). These are stored against unique ids (which are strings of numbers). Bluesky collects this information for the legitimate business purpose of monitoring the number of visitors to the various parts of the site, the general geographic location of visitors and engagement levels, which in turn enables it to make improvements to its websites and services and provide business intelligence. This information is only processed in a way which does not identify anyone. It is kept indefinitely.
Bluesky also uses Google Analytics to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns, which are stored against unique ids (i.e. strings of numbers). We collect this information for the legitimate business purpose of monitoring website traffic and engagement levels, which in turn enables us to make improvements to our website and the way we sell our cars and services. This information is only processed in a way which does not identify anyone. It is kept indefinitely.
When you visit our website (www.Progressskoda.co.uk or www.Progresssuzuki.co.uk) we may save Cookies to your PC. The types of Cookies used on our website and what they do are as follows:
- Strictly Necessary - Strictly Necessary cookies are essential to let you move around the website and use its features, such as accessing secure areas, shopping baskets and online billing. These cookies allow our website to provide services at your request.
- Performance - Performance cookies collect information about how you use our website e.g. which pages you visit most often, and if you experience any error messages. They also allow us to update our website to improve performance and tailor it to your preferences. These cookies do not collect any information that could identify you - all the information collected is anonymous. They will not be used to target adverts to you on other websites.
- Functional - Functionality cookies are used to remember the choices you make, e.g. your user name, log in details and language preferences. They also remember any customisations you make to the website to give you enhanced, more personal features.
- Targeting - Targeting cookies collect information about your browsing habits to deliver adverts which are more relevant to you and your interests. They also measure the effectiveness of advertising campaigns.